Read the Overview and launch this ecolosystem simulator. Familiarize yourself with the simulator interface. Notice that you can control which species are present in your environment initially and what the diets of each species are. The types of species possible in the program are Plants (A,B,C), Herbivores (A,B,C), Omnivores (A,B) and one top Predator. You can control the diet of each by indicating what they feed on. By setting up different starting configurations you can investigate the evolution of this simulated ecological system.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
|Experiments in Evolution This simulation follows a set of real life experiments in evolution and natural selection. Read about Endler’s work then familiarize yourself with the interface, guppies, guppy predators, and the experiment. Use an “even mix” of the different guppy color types to start. Run three experiments one with each of the combination of predators. Each experiment should run for five or more generations.
• State the percentage that each color type makes up in your guppy population both before and after you have let five generations pass. With each experiment state a conclusion that is consistent with your observation.
• What two selection pressures are operative?
|A. Complete one of the following online dissections:
1. Earth worm
2. Fetal Pig
B. Comparative Anatomy and the fossil evidence of human evolution
|A. Water footprint: 1.Waterfootprint.org:, 2. H20 Conserve, 3. Goblue, 4. BBC
• Describe the water crisis. How is it impacting women and children? What is happening with the Ogalala?
• Describe what the water footprint is and how it is estimated.
• Report at least two estimates of your water footprint
(and the calculator(s) that you used).
• Describe three ways that you could reduce your water footprint.
B. Carbon footprint: 1. UK Government, 2. Terrapass , 3. C Footprint Ltd
Biology homework help