Read these things and then answer some questions.
This lesson provides information that will enable you to become a working partner with a doctor or other health care professional. It will help you take an active role in your health care by becoming an informed patient. It will also help you to understand and evaluate preventive services available in the health care industry.
Do you know the difference between Doctors, General Practitioners, Family Practitioners, and Internists? After you read this article describing their roles you will!
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Please look at this Glossary of Specialists.
|Now that you’re aware of all these specialties, how are you supposed to know when you need a specialist ?|
Let’s look at some questions to ask while talking to a Doctor. He or she will be quite surprised if you throw a few of these out and will probably make you a very respectable patient.
1) What are two things you learned about these different types of Doctors that you didn’t know before?….please explain.
2)After reading about General Practitioners, how do you feel about going to one? Would you have different questions for this person?
3) How do you know if you need a specialist?
4) Have you ever been to a Specialist? What kind?
5) Who would you go see if you think you have hearing loss?
6) What kind of specialist deals with children from infancy through adolescence!?
7) Can you think of 2 more questions you, as a teenager, would like to ask your Doctor to make sure he or she is reliable and respectable?
9) Post the second thing you researched here.
10) What is the primary role of a nurse-midwife?
11) What are some characteristics of a good pharmacist?
Reading homework help