The paper is to be approximately 8 to 9 pages in length using APA format, citing 5 to 6 sources….
Purpose: First, this paper will help you search out recent, relevant, and scholarly research studies. Second, by researching multiple viewpoints of any issue you will more fully understand your own and the alternative perspectives; as well as what evidence exists for each position. Third, you will have a chance to demonstrate your critical thinking skills in the way that you present opposing arguments, evaluate proposed arguments, and highlight areas of general consensus, disagreement, and/or further research that might help bring resolution to the issue.
Topics: Topics may be broad or narrow, but you must be able to evaluate the merits of at least 2 sides of an issue, compare two theories, or contrast different interpretations of similar data.
1. The Ethics of Human Reproduction in the 21st Century
2. Breast-Feeding vs. Bottle-feeding
3. Raising Infants: Should you let them cry?
4. Raising Jr.: Daycare and its associated outcomes in infants
5. Caffeine: Is it really a teratogen?
6. Innate Math abilities: Can infants really add?
7. Spanking: Is it just physical punishment or child abuse?
8. Now I’m 3: Daycare and its associated outcomes in children
9. Gender Development: How do children come to understand gender roles and
10. Mainstreaming vs. Inclusion: Which is best?
11. ADHD: Which treatments are the best?
12. Media Diets: How TV influences children’s development?
13. To believe or Not to Believe: Accuracy of Children’s Memories.
14. What is Intelligence?
15. Individualism or Collectivism: How much does cultural influence
16. Cognitive Development: Piaget or Information Processing?
17. Sex Education: Is it the school or parent’s responsibility to teach?
18. Driving at 18: Developmental reasons for raising the driving age.
19. Moral Development: Are males really morally superior?
Formatting: Use APA formatting throughout your paper. General guidelines are below. See APA text for more information.
o Page 1 ………..Title Page (header with pagination, running head, title, name, school
o Page 2 ………..Abstract (in a review such as this the abstract consists of a sentence
introducing your topic, purpose for writing, types of sources utilized, and
o Page 3-8……..Body and Conclusions
o Page 9 ………..References (APA style)
Page Layout should be as follows: Margins = 1 inch ; Font = Times Roman, 12-point;
Line spacing = 2.0 (double spaced)
o Use APA style
Sources: Sources for Position papers must be peer-reviewed scholarly works. Remember, just because it’s “published” doesn’t mean it’s scholarly! Websites will NOT be accepted as scholarly sources.
o Number of Sources: It is a good rule of thumb to have at least one source per page of written text. You can cite as many sources as necessary throughout your paper, but in the reference section of a 5-6-page paper, there should be at least 5-6 peer-reviewed journal article citation.
There are a number of resources that can help you with the APA style of formatting and writing research papers. On the Internet, the sites, http://owl.english.purdue.edu/Files/34.html and http://www.psychwww.com/resource/apacrib.htm, have very helpful documents that are easy to read and understand.
A ‘C’ paper must include all of the information describe above and follow the basic standards for English Composition – 1) It must be well-organized 2) It must have well developed paragraphs 3) It must be competent in style. An ‘A’ or ‘B’ paper must satisfy all of the above requirements in addition to being original in thought and content, effectively integrating course materials, and creating interest and enthusiasm in the reader.
Plagiarism — plagiarized papers will receive a “0”. Check this site for FAQS about plagiarism.
Psychology homework help
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now