Assignment 1: Discussion Assignment
The discussion assignment provides a forum to discuss the relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered. For this assignment make sure to answer all questions for Part 1 and 2 by Wednesday, March 27, 2013. Provide a detailed response to the topic questions in the discussion area. For this assignment post your responses directly in the Discussion Area. Do not use attached documents.
To support your work make sure to utilize your course and text readings. When asked also utilize outside sources as well. As in all assignments make sure to cite your sources in your work and provide a reference for that citation utilizing APA format.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between one or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by Saturday, March 30, 2013.
A person’s lifestyle has a significant influence on the person’s health and development as he or she moves into middle age (and old age). Stability and change are also common factors in an adult’s life.
- Describe how middle adulthood provides stability in a person’s life. Explain some of the factors that would lead to stability in a person’s life as he or she moves through middle age.
- Describe some of the more common lifestyle issues that have a negative impact on a person’s continued development. Explain how a person may be able to reverse some of the lifestyle influences.
- On the basis of your readings, describe what is meant by a midlife crisis. Explain why a midlife crisis may or may not be critical.
Justify your answers with appropriate reasoning and research from your text and course readings. Comment on the postings of at least two peers, and provide an analysis of each peer’s postings while also suggesting specific additions or clarifications for improving the discussion question response.
Erikson, Gould, Helson, and Levinson provide different perspectives on middle age in adulthood.
- Describe each of these theories as it relates to middle adulthood.
- On the basis of your readings, compare and contrast these theories. Which one gives a better explanation of middle adulthood?
Psychology homework help