Essay: Answer each prompt using at least 400 words.
- Describe an experience that directly affected you or that you observed where someone was treated as an “O”. What did you, or could you have done to minimize this experience?
- Think of 3 different ages or points in your life, for example, ages 6, 12, and 18.
- What racial identity development stage would you say you were in for each of these stages and why?
- What factors can you think of that may have impacted any changes in your racial identity development stages from one age to another?
- Do you feel that each of these stages could have been better supported by the caregivers, educators, peers, or colleagues around you?
- Reflecting on the McNickles section, what explains the perception gap that exists between whites and African Americans when it comes to matters of race and racism? Do you agree with McNickles?
- The ability to communicate in English is important for many jobs and therefore some companies offer ESL (English as a Second Language) courses to their non-English-speaking employees. One alternative to requiring company-sponsored ESL instruction is to require that all potential employees meet an English language proficiency standard before they may be hired. Compare and contrast these two alternatives in terms of advantages and disadvantages to the company.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- 1600-1750 words (5-7 pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Include a title page and reference page in APA style
- Reference any outside content. Include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
- save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type
- File name:
- name your saved file according to your last name, first initial and the week (for example, “jonesb.week1”)
- submit your assignment to the Drop Box