The DNP practice scholar has the skills, knowledge, experience, and ability to be a strong political advocate. Yet, despite this collective awareness, many nurses avoid becoming political engaged in health policy within the community and in some cases, within the organizations where they work.
This week, the focus was on understanding healthcare systems and the role of the DNP practice scholar as advocate for the patient, the community, and joining the national healthcare conversation. Reflect upon the development of your political competency and address the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Consider a time when you had the opportunity to become politically involved in an issue (at work or in your community). If you pursued the opportunity what were the results? If you did not, what were the reasons?
- As you reflect on this week’s learning activities and your role as a practice scholar, discuss the area of your political competency that needs further development.
- Review this Twitter and share your thoughts on this issue with the class. [ We are seeing +100k #COVID19 cases per day in the U.S. Last week, over 99% were #DeltaVariant. At least 19 states have confirmed cases of #OmicronVariant. We must act together to address current cases and prepare for the possibility of more Omicronhttps://bit.ly/3ous7di. ]
- Compose a 140-character Tweet that shares your thoughts and opinions about the Tweet. Be mindful Twitter only allows 140 characters (be concise). Share this Tweet in this discussion.
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 250 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply. Include the Doi or URL link.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used
Nursing homework help