The purpose of the Final Paper is to provide an opportunity to analyze a major social, economic, military, and technological issue since the Civil War, trace its significance over time, and examine the ways in which it contributed to an “ending of isolation” in the United States.
A central theme of this course is the “end of isolation” which our textbook describes in relationship to technology, politics, military, culture, and society. At times, the ending of isolation has resulted of periods of tension and struggle. In this paper, you will select a topic of interest, and through the use of primary and secondary research, you will describe the historical context of each question and trace the significance of this issue over time from 1865 to the present. Assess the challenges involved in the ending of this isolation, as well as the key people involved in the struggles. Five academic resources must be referenced within the research paper; academic sources include primary sources used within the course (or those found outside of the course), articles from the Ashford University Online Library, and governmental websites. A minimum of two sources must come from the Ashford library, and at least one of the sources must be one of the linked primary sources within the course, which should represent a significant aspect of your research through meaningful contribution to your analysis of the selected topic.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Please select one of the following questions as the focus of your final paper:
- How have African-Americans worked to end segregation, discrimination, and isolation to attain equality and civil rights?
- In what ways has technology ended the physical and intellectual isolation of Americans?
- How have wars and political ideologies resulted in the transition from an isolationist foreign policy in America to one in which the nation is now a global superpower?
- While women once had few life options beyond isolation in the domestic sphere, what historical developments presented new opportunities for women in society?
- In contrast to the ending of isolation, in what ways did Native Americans experience the transition from freedom to isolation? How have they struggled to overcome this isolation?
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library and at least one a primary source.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
History homework help