History homework/ Terrorism
Don’t need till Monday , September 24th, 2012 by 16:00 hours …. I have attached a title page ;
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In the years following the September 11, 2001, attacks, the number of terrorist incidents on U.S. soil has totaled 33; other countries, like the U.K., have experienced more (190), with some countries like Israel reporting numbers in the thousands (National Counterterrorism Center, 2011).
National Counterterrorism Center. (2011). 2010 report on terrorism. Retrieved from http://www.nctc.gov/witsbanner/docs/2010_report_on_terrorism.pdf
Review the incidents from this list of significant terrorist activities here and abroad. You can research these for a fuller understanding of how terrorism has affected the United States in the last decade.
· 2002: Failed attempt to shoot down an Israeli jetliner in Kenya
· 2002: Attack of French tanker off coast of Yemen
· 2002: Shooting at Los Angeles International Airport by Hesham Mohamen Ali Heayat results in the deaths of two people
· 2002: Bombing of nightclub in Bali, Indonesia
· 2003: Car bombing of JW Marriot hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia
· 2004: Commuter train bombings in Madrid, Spain
· 2004: Attack of Western oil companies and housing compounds in Al Khobar, Saudia Arabia, results in death of 22 people
· 2004: Armed assailants breached U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, resulting in 5 deaths
· 2005: Bombings of London underground trains and bus
· 2005: American citizen Michael Reynolds in Pocatello, Idaho, offers to assist al-Qaida in acts of terrorism by planning attacks and describing bomb making techniques
· 2007: IED explosions at restaurant in Cotabato, Philippines, results in three people critically injured
· 2009: Shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, by Sunni extremist results in 56 wounded or killed
· 2002-present: Thousands of car bombings, suicide bombings, and attacks on civilians in Iraq
Write a 1,050-to 1,750-word paper in which you consider some of the following questions. Use specific events, including at least three from the list above, to support your ideas.
· Why is there heavier activity in certain areas of the world?
· What do the sites of terrorist activities have in common?
· Could laws, procedures, or organizations, either national or international, have prevented these attacks?
· Who should determine what sorts of laws and organizations are most effective? Defend your position.
· Does the United States have a moral obligation, a practical reason, or both, for becoming involved in stopping terrorist activities in other countries? Defend your position.
· How has the idea of terrorism affected the lives of individual Americans since 9/11?
· How have American priorities changed since 9/11?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Support your responses with factual references.
History homework help