“For prateek_agr only”
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Scenario: Regression equations are created by modeling data, such as the following:
Profit = (Cost Per Item × Number of Items) – Constant Charges
In this equation, constant charges may be rent, salaries, or other fixed costs. This includes anything that you have to pay for periodically as a business owner. This value is negative because this cost must be paid each period and must be paid whether you make a sale or not.
Your company may wish to release a new e-reader device. Based on data collected from various sources, your company has come up with the following regression equation for the profit of the new e-reader:
Profit = $0.15 × number of e-readers sold – $28
Or, assuming x = the number of e-readers sold, this would be the same regression equation:
Profit = 0.15x – 28
In this case, the values are given in thousands (i.e., the cost of making an individual e-reader will be $150 [0.15 × 1,000], with $28,000 [28 * 1,000] in constant charges).
Answer the following questions based on the given regression equation:
1. Using the graphing program that you downloaded, graph the profit equation. Discuss the meaning of the x- and y-axis values on the graph. (Hint: Be sure to label the axis)
2. Discuss the meaning of the slope of the equation that you have just graphed. How is it related to the cost of each e-reader?
3. Based on the results of the graph and the profit equation provided, discuss the relationship between profits and number of e-readers produced. (Hint: Consider the slope and y-intercept.)
4. If the company does not sell a single e-reader, how much is lost? Mathematically, what is this value called in the equation?
5. If the company sells 5,000 e-readers, how much will the company make (or lose)?
6. If profit must equal 100 thousand, how many e-readers will your company need to sell? (Round up to the nearest e-reader.)
7. If your company is hoping to break even, how many e-readers will need to be sold to accomplish this? (Round up to the nearest e-reader.)Please submit your assignment.
Windows Based Computers: Download the graphing program from www.padowan.dk/graph. The instructions for using this program can be found in the Instructor’s Files of your Virtual Classroom.
Apple (Mac) Based Computers: Download the graphing program from http://www.geogebra.org/cms/.
(NOTE: You are free to use Excel as well if preferred).
Must have references noted, and must be in APA format
Mathematics homework help