Based on key legislation pertaining to English language learners (ELLs) from Virginia and from your readings, create a brochure, newsletter, or Glogster to be used to inform parents in your community about English immersion policies and programs. Include the following:
1. Historical developments that led to the policies regarding the role of English in their children’s classrooms.
2. Pros for the English immersion program in the community or school you have chosen.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
3. At least two websites that enable parents to get additional information about the English immersion programs that parents would need to know about.
4. A description of the characteristics of a relevant English immersion program in terms of instructional strategies, time spent in the classroom with other ELL students, and time spent in regular classrooms with native speakers. You can find this information on the Arizona Department of Education website or from the Department of Education website of your state.
5. Definitions for any terms that parents would need to know.
The examples of some of the main historical developments that led to policies regarding the role of English in the classroom are presented accurately.
Pros for English Immersion
Includes practical and insightful pros for the English immersion program in the community or school chosen.
Includes at least two websites that are ideal for parents to get additional information about English immersion programs.
Characteristics of a Relevant English Immersion Program
Includes many of the main characteristics of a relevant English immersion program in terms of instructional strategies, time in classroom with other ELLs, and time in classroom with native speakers.
Definitions for key terms utilized in the field that parents would need to know are included.
Appropriate and thematic graphic elements are used to make visual connections that contribute to the understanding of concepts, ideas, and relationships. Differences in type size and color are used well and consistently.
The content is well-organized and logical. There is a sequential progression of ideas that relate to each other. The content is presented as a cohesive unit and provides the audience with a clear sense of the main idea.
Mechanics (spelling, punctuation, grammar, and language use)
Submission is virtually free of mechanical errors. Word choice reflects well-developed use of practice and content-related language. Sentence structures are varied and engaging.
Total Percentage 100