Defining Social Justice
Assignment 3: Defining Social Justice
Social justice has been defined in different ways, but the definitions usually include similar ideologies. As you study the concept of social justice, you will come across some of the following ideas:
- Historical inequities that affect current injustices should be corrected until the actual inequities no longer exist or have been perceptively “negated.”
- Wealth, power, and status should be redistributed for the good of the individual, the community, and the society.
- It is the responsibility of the government (or those who hold significant power) to ensure a basic quality of life for all its citizens.
Research definitions of social justice using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Examine the definitions, analyzing them for similarities and differences. Identify the differences among the three. Identify the similarities. Using your reasoning skills, give supporting statements or arguments that support your position/s.
Your comparing and contrasting must consider the following:
- Historical values and ideologies of the country
- Economic structure of the country
- Discrimination against women and/or certain racial and ethnic groups, if any
Develop a 2–3-page analysis of the definitions that explain how these factors impact their similarities and/or differences. Provide detailed explanations and support your explanations with scholarly sources. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M1_A3.doc.
By Wednesday, January 16, 2013, deliver your assignment to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||
|Selected three suitable definitions for study demonstrating in-depth research.||
|Compared and contrasted similarities and differences of selected definitions.||
|Gave valid reasons in support of assertions.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||
Psychology homework help