Code of Ethics
A code of ethics may be defined as a written document providing a practical moral framework for moral decision making. Successful organizations have strong codes of ethics. For this week’s assignment, you will create an organizational code of ethics appropriate to your Course Project topic. For example, if your Course Project is focused on cryptocurrency, you might create a code of ethics appropriate to a cryptocurrency mining company. If your topic is electronic stock trading, you might create a code of ethics for an electronic trading platform.
To help you to write an effective code of ethics, please review Chapter 9 Professional Ethics and carefully read pages 444–455, which provides the full text of the Software Engineering Code of Ethics as well an in-depth analysis. Your code of ethics will be shorter than the Software Engineering Code of Ethics, but it will follow the same structure.
- Preamble: This is a one-paragraph explanation of the purpose of the code. Make it clear to the reader what type of organization you are.
- Guiding Principles: At least six, and no more than eight, fundamental precepts that your organization will follow should be included.
- Applications: For each guiding principle, provide at least three examples of what a member of your organization should do or should not do to abide by those guiding principles.
Elements of a Desired Response
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Length: Approximately two pages (600 words)
- Structure: Includes preamble, guiding principles, and applications for each principle
- Content: Shows knowledge of workable ethical theories, such as Kantianism; utilitarianism; social contract theory; justice theory; and virtue ethics; and shows appreciation for the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The following are links to the codes of ethics of a number of famous organizations. Reading them may help you as you create your own unique code.
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) (Links to an external site.)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) (Links to an external site.)
- Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM) (Links to an external site.)
- Google (Links to an external site.)
- Johnson & Johnson (Links to an external site.)
Week 6: Code of Ethics Grading RubricWeek 6: Code of Ethics Grading RubricCriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssignment RequirementsResponse is at least 600 words in length and is written in the student’s own words.20 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks20 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePreambleResponse includes a one-paragraph explanation of the purpose of the code and makes it clear what type of organization the code is intended for.10 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks10 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGuiding Principles and ApplicationsResponse includes six to eight guiding principles. For each guiding principle, at least three applications are provided. Demonstrates an understanding of ethical theories and principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.40 to >0.0 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks40 pts
Total Points: 70PreviousNext
Business & Finance homework help