Please read below statement:
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ FULL INSTRUCTIONS. NO PLAGIARISM! NO QUOTES, MUST PARAPHRASE. I WILL CHECK FOR RECYCLED WORK AND PLAGIARISM. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE 01/09/22 AT 9PM PST. IF YOU CANT MEET THIS DEADLINE, DONT AGREE TO DO MY ASSIGNMENT. PRICE ISNT NEGOTIABLE. PLEASE UNDERSTAND BY ACCEPTING TO DO MY WORK, I HAVE STRICT RULES. I DONT LIKE TO DISPUTE, BUT I WILL IF DIRECTIONS ARENT BEING FOLLOWED. IF I SEE SOMETHING WRONG AFTER PURCHASING, I WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO FIX IT IMMEDIATELY. THIS DOESNT MEAN HOURS LATER. IF YOU TURN SOMETHING INTO ME EARLY, I EXPECT YOU TO FIX MY ASSIGNMENT IMMEDIATELY. DONT LIE TO ME, IF THESE RULES ARENT FOLLOWED, I WILL DISPUTE
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In your Week Three assignment, please answer the following questions:
The length of your response should be sufficient to answer each question fully
- Define the term case-control study, describing how cases and controls are selected. Compare and contrast case-cross control studies with respect to their specific applications. Using the textbook, list some examples of case-control and cross-sectional studies.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of each of the following types of controls in a case-control study:
- Hospital cases
- The association between job-related exposure to welding fumes and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) was explored in a case-control study. The following data were reported for 399 COPD patients: 37 currently employed as welders; the remainder had no occupational exposure. Among 800 controls, 48 were employed as welders. Set up a 2 by 2 table and calculate the OR (odds ratio) between welding and COPD.
- Why would you exclude women who cannot develop the disease as controls in a case-control study of gynecologic cancer?
- The following ORs are reported for several hypothetical examples. Give your interpretation of the results, assuming all results are statistically significant unless otherwise specified.
- OR (low-fat diet and colon cancer) + 0.6
- OR (aerobic exercise and dental caries) + 1 (not significant)
- OR (exposure to side-stream cigarette smoke and lung cancer) + 1.3
- OR (infectious disease of the pelvis and ectopic [tubal] pregnancy) + 3.0
- A random-digit dialed survey conducted in the City of Long Beach, California, reported that a greater proportion of nonsmokers endorsed a ban on smoking in alcohol-serving establishments than did smokers. What type of study design was this?
- An abrupt drop in mortality due to a specific cause is observed from one year to the next. Identify at least three possible reasons for such a change.
Applied Sciences homework help