In a two-part essay:
a. Consider the above. Discuss the stance and initiatives of the Australian accounting profession on corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability.Include your views on the role of accounting and the accountant on CSR and sustainability.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
b. Select one of the above companies. Discuss the way in which the organisation has demonstrated its social and environmental accountability.
Good starting points for your research are: the textbook (Chapter 17); the IFAC’s International Guidance Document on Environmental Management Accounting and the websites of the CPA and ICAA.
For example, go to:http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/cpa-site/hs.xsl/knowledge-practice-toolkit-green-accounting.html
Please note the following:
• Format: Essay
• Contribution to overall assessment: 25%
• Length: 2000–2500words
• Due date:Week 10 (21st September 2012 at 4pm)
• Your work must comply with the University’s General Guide for the Presentation of Academic Work.http://www.ballarat.edu.au/current-students/publications,-policies-and-forms/general-guide-for-the-presentation-of-academic-work
• This is a group-assignment. Each group needs to have 2 to 3 members in it. Please organise yourselves into groups.
• Please make sure that names and ID numbers of all group members are stated on the cover sheet of your submission.
As this is a group assignment, each member of a group is awarded the same mark. Working in groups has its pros and cons. I am sure that you will hold constructive and energetic group discussions on the issues at hand. In case of any disagreements, you will be able to resolve them in a democratic and rational way. There will be times when you may have to agree to disagree with each other. Invariably different group members bring different skills to a project; it is up to you to make the best of it. I believe one can learn a lot by discussing the issues with one’s colleagues.
If you happen to find your group members are “not pulling their weight” or there are problems with any member’s commitment, then please try to resolve those issues amongst yourselves. Open and honest communication always helps. If you are unable to resolve these issues, you are most welcome to see me and we will try to sort out the problems together. Do this as soon as possible and certainly before the due date.(Please adapt this to suit your group).
Business & Finance homework help