The health care system in the United States is undergoing a transformation. One of the clearest signs of this is the emergence of pharmacy clinics, specialty hospitals, and other health care settings that continue to grow in number. Much of this has come about as a result of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The ACA encouraged new models and innovation in an effort to control cost, improve quality, and achieve positive population health outcomes.
This three-fold aim is often cited as the framework by which health system improvement must be addressed. We cannot have any one part of the aim left out: we can have quality coverage for everyone, but not at a high cost. We can have inexpensive coverage for everyone, but not at a poor quality. Last, we can have quality coverage, but it must be accessible to everyone.
With this week’s case study discussion, you’ll be meeting different experiences of this health care transformation currently under way. Developments are influencing how business provide coverage, how people access coverage, and the steps being undertaken to ensure quality improvement in health care. Please review the resources for this module and join the discussion focused on one specific case. Integrate some of the first components of a Health Policy Analysis: brief statements on the problems, some on the landscape, and some background
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this discussion, you will receive a case study from your instructor. If you do not receive a case study by Day 1 of this module, be sure to ask the instructor.
By Day 3 of Week 7
Post your initial response to the case study :
- Identify the role of the social determinants of health in the case study and explain the role of public health in addressing these.
- Explain how the quality of the health service is an issue within this case study
- Describe the quality improvement mechanisms that could be leveraged.
Wilensky, S. E., & Teitelbaum, J. B. (2020). Essentials of health policy and law (4th ed). Jones and Bartlett.
- Chapter 7, “Chapter 7, “Social Determinants of Health and the Role of Law in Optimizing Health” (pp. 137-151)
- Chapter 12, “Healthcare Quality Policy and Law” (pp. 271-291)
- Chapter 14, “The Art of Structuring and Writing a Health Policy Analysis” (pp. 317-330)